I See Light at the End of the Tunnel or...Bathroom

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The last two Saturday's I have been working on de-cuttering and clearing out all the STUFF for the future bathroom. I have talked about this in the past but now it is GOING to happen. This time trying to clean it out I made a rule with myself. When I take something out to sort through and if it doesn't pertain to the future bathroom it cannot go back in. This has been really working. ((happy dance)) I have a bit more to go and with spring break at the end of this week I know I will make it happen. We have a claw foot tub and a shell pedestal sink are just waiting to go in. I still have to get a toilet and tile for behind and under the tub area but it is getting close.

BEFORE



UP TO DATE as of Saturday March 5th

I have a bit more to go but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and a carrot dangling to get there. I am determined to soak a couple of hours in my light lavender painted tub.

Here is the shell sink I found at a second hand store...score!!!


And my tub. It is hard to see but it is a pale lavender colour on the outside and white on the inside.



14 comments:

Jennifer Hoots March 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

Go, Mary, Go! I can't wait for you to have this special place to refresh yourself. Love the sink and the tub. I hope you get to use them really soon.

Dawn March 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM  

You can do it. How wonderful it will be to sit in that tub.
Blessings,
Dawn

Cathy March 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

Neat. It's so satisfying to make progress on a project, especially a do it yourself home project. Happy future soaking.

www.basketflat.blogspot.com

marlece March 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

ohhhhh yahhhhh, doesn't it feel good to get all this PICKED UP CLEANED UP PUT AWAY THROW AWAY, I am doing a cheer for you!!Yah, I'm excited for you to have a new bathroom too.Show us your end result ok?

Anonymous March 8, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

It is really shaping up dear friend! How marvelous.

I know how hard it is to go through a renovation, but little by little...

love,

Maria.

Canadagirl March 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Marlece,

I will for sure show the end product. And I hope to show the stages as it happens too. *grin*

-Mary

Anonymous March 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Mary,

Oh my, it sounds like you have been a busy bee! I look forward to seeing what your new remodled bathroom looks like. Be sure to show us pictures of the finished product! :)

-Lady Rose

Illinois Lori March 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

Love Love Love the lavendar tub! Looking forward to seeing the progress of the process!

Lori

Janettessage.blogspot.com March 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Oh I love this...looks so much like what I use to do...and my kids knew that every school break meant mom was going to do her projects...my projects always energized me to return to home schooling when the break was over!
Your sink and tub...they are great! Have fun..I can't wait to see the finished project.

Anonymous March 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

Looks like you've made some great progress. Hope you get it done like you want. :)

JoAnn

Kidcraze March 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

I am so excited for you!
I know you will feel so good when you finally sit in that tub to soak and admire your new room.

Trish March 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM  

Mary, what a gorgeous bathroom it's going to be!!
I love the shell shaped sink and lavender bath :-)
It will be so nice for you to have such a pretty room.
blessings..Trish

Debbie March 9, 2011 at 4:06 AM  

You managed to hit two hot buttons in one post! I love, love, love to declutter. I honestly think that's why I get so cluttered... I like the thrill of getting rid of it.

And plus, I have always wanted a romantic antique clawfoot tub.

Katia March 9, 2011 at 5:08 AM  

Love the progress you have made. I can't wait to see it all done. It will be beautiful!
Have a wonderful week. (((hugs))
katia

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP