Wild Turkeys On the Run and Seedy Sunday's

>> Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The last three Sunday's my hubby and I have participated in some local Seedy Sunday Sales. We sold our seed from our small joint family seed business. I really enjoy these get together's. It is a neat way to meet people out in our local community and surrounding areas. There are a lot of neat people that we have been blessed in friendship with. One friend we have made through these sales the last couple of years has blessed us with new seed to try out and grow and save. I am really excited with the bean seeds given last year, tomato seeds he gave us this year and a tomato variety he wants to share next year. We are so blessed by this friend.



On the way home from the seed sale we had the pleasant surprise of getting to see some of the local wild turkeys. We wondered where they were sense we hadn't seen them in a while but they made their appearance on Sunday. In the picture down below is at lake level and there is hardly any snow down there unlike us further up the mountain. Snow is melting more and more each day and it won't be too long before we start digging in the garden.






13 comments:

Jennifer Hoots March 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

That is so wonderful.

Anonymous March 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Oh my goodness look at those turkey go :-)

How wonderful how Our Lord provides opportunities to meet others and grow together....

Meeting new people is so much fun!

M.

The Coderlambian March 15, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Wow! With pictures like that, I could've been convinced to side w/ Benjamin Franklin, and have the national bird of the United States be a turkey!

Anonymous March 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

Glad it went so well for you. And that picture is cute. :)

JoAnn

Kidcraze March 15, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

What a blessing to have heirloom organic seeds and to have others to swap them with! I'm sure you bless them as much as they've blessed you :)

Trish March 16, 2011 at 3:20 AM  

Sounds like you had a great day Mary, I'm happy for you.
It's good to save and use heritage seeds!
My those turkeys look funny!!
They must've been making quite a noise streaking down the road like that lol!
btw, it's a lovely photo of you my friend :-)
blessings..Trish

Wendy March 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM  

How neat to be a part of the seed business. I'm wondering if you sell them only locally or also through the internet?

I gotta get crackin' and get mine for the year!

Janettessage.blogspot.com March 16, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

Oh how interesting...I have never been to something like that where you share seeds...but then I am a city girl. I love the wild turkeys, don't see much of that either.

Thanks for the comment on my post today, I didn't intend to make an ouch, but thanks for the confirmation that tells me that God is serious with me pulling my weeds!

Unknown March 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

I was just checking out your "store" page. Can you sell seeds over the internet? I'm still thinking of your candles too!

Blessings!
Sharity

Illinois Lori March 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

Hi Mary-Girl! I am NOT too good to you...do you remember, about 3yrs ago or so, when you helped me on HSB with the much-desired 3-column template? I learned so much from you over there...I am just returning the dear favor.
{{{HUGS}}}

Do you have any seeds leftover? Any that can be mailed to USA? Or is that taboo? I would purchase them from you, esp. your tomato seeds. :-)

Here is a link to what Plans4You will now be:
http://illinoislorihshstips.blogspot.com/

My current "Plans4You" will become "Serenity in the Suburbs," and that will be up and running in a day or two, Lord willing!

Love you!
Lori

heritagemom March 16, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Wow, Mary. What turkeys!! My parents had a flock of them (is that what you call them??) on their property in upstate New York. They certainly are funny looking up close, bobbing their heads as they walk. I love God's creation. :)

Love,
Christine

Lynn March 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

Hi Mary!!! :) It's been a long time. My how your seed business has grown. How awesome! :)

Lynn

morningstar March 18, 2011 at 5:57 AM  

Lovely photo of you! How awesome to have such a heritage with the seeds.
I love seeing the wild turkeys. When we go to my dads in Wisconsin we see them everywhere. They are so big! We have them here but they are much smaller.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP