Still Some Snowy Days and a Peak Into My Knitting Bag

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A peak out my dinning room window today.

This time a year I have to work real hard not to be discontent and feel the grass is greener on the other side. (literally, lol) It is that time of the year of transition time between winter and spring. We are seeing glimpses of spring but we are still getting snow. I am drooling over pictures on blog posts that show trees in bloom and life. Yes, it will happen here too...soon. Till then I will cozy up to my knitting and sit by the fire and patiently wait and daydream for spring.

Here is a peak into my knitting bag of goodies. I am using up odds and ends in my yarn stash and making hot pads that I will make a quilt front and then put on a binding. The moss stitch gives the thickness so I don't have to use batting or a backing. It is all in one, neat eh? I am hoping during spring break I can get some quilt fronts made and then assemble them. I used chunky 100% wool or cotton for this. That is important because if you use acrylic it will probably melt when used, I know b/c I used my hubby's aunts and that happened, not a good thing.



7 comments:

Jennifer Hoots March 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Like I said in the cbox, I , myself, am looking at people who live to my south and am jealous of their blossoms and not having to wear layers! We are not in the all clear either. It still can snow and often does in March. But it doesn't last. Your view is so pretty!

Shelley March 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Gotta love the scenery - although Spring will be nice to see! I've been doing some fun knitting lately too - I'll try and post to pics too - happy knitting to ya!

Anonymous March 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Oh dear friend...what joy it is to be able to do something with our hands :-)

The view outside your window is so lovely...wintry and I am sure, quite cold! But it is the same here too :)

Maria.

Anonymous March 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. You are doing a great job.

We are the same way with snow & spring. One day I feel like it's here to stay, then we get more snow. But like you said, it will arrive soon. :)

JoAnn

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures March 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

Oh my! I can't imagine living in such a cold climate. I was born and raised in the south and now live in a desert country. If it gets into the 50's (F) then we feel like winter has arrived. :) We have had a bit of drizzle the past few days. Much needed. Working with yarn certainly helps when the days are blue. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Unknown March 10, 2011 at 7:24 AM  

I guess I'm one of the only ones who would like a little more winter!

Blessings!
Sharity

Shani March 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

Oh, the view out your window is so peaceful!!!! I must admit I'm enjoying the shorter winter here as compared to Michigan, but the snow is such a peaceful presence to me. Such a gift. :)

Love getting a peek at your stash busting, too... I've been thinking of sewing some hot pads now that my machine is home. I really loved the ones in "Handmade Home." :)

Thanks for your visit today... xxx
lots of love, hugs, and blessings,
Shani

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP